If I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life, I would probably go with pasta. And who doesn’t like pasta, to be honest? It’s delicious! This fettuccine dish with a spicy tomato sauce, fresh basil, carrot bacon and nutritional yeast is not an exception.
This is what you will need to make 4 portions:
- Olive oil
- 800 g crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Dried basil
- 3 carrots
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
PASTA & GARNISH
- Fresh basil
- Nutritional yeast
- Set the oven to 160°C.
- Slice the carrots thinly using a mandoline slicer. Place them on an oven tray covered with baking paper.
- Mix the rapeseed oil with the spices, and brush the mixture onto both sides of each carrot slice. Place them to bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Bring the pasta water to boil. In the meantime, heat olive oil in a pot and press the garlic cloves.
- Fry the pressed garlic in the olive oil for a minute or two, and then add the crushed tomatoes. Add salt, pepper and dried basil according to your taste. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fettuccine to the boiling water. Cook according to instructions.
- Drain the water from the pasta. Mix the pasta with the tomato sauce. Serve with the carrot bacon, fresh basil, and nutritional yeast for that extra parmesan-like taste!