Carrot soup is one of my go-to dishes during the work week. It’s super easy to make and seriously delicious.
This recipe with ginger, lemon juice and chili is my favourite one. It’s sweet and fresh with a hint of chili which I love!
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 8 carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 7 dl vegetable stock
- 2 dl coconut milk
- 5 cm ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Peel the carrots and chop them into small chunks. Chop the garlic and onion into smaller pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the garlic, onion and chili flakes for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot chunks and the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it boil for about 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened.
- Add the coconut milk and the lemon juice. Grate the ginger and add it to the pot.
- Mix everything into a smooth soup using a stick blender. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Done! Serve with pumpkin seeds and a vegan crème fraîche, if you like!