Carrot soup is one of my go-to dishes during the work week. It’s super easy to make and seriously delicious.
This recipe with ginger, lemon juice and chili is my favourite one. It’s sweet and fresh with a hint of chili which I love!
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 8 carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 7 dl vegetable stock
- 2 dl coconut milk
- 5 cm ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Peel the carrots and chop them into small chunks. Chop the garlic and onion into smaller pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the garlic, onion and chili flakes for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot chunks and the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it boil for about 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened.
- Add the coconut milk and the lemon juice. Grate the ginger and add it to the pot.
- Mix everything into a smooth soup using a stick blender. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Done! Serve with pumpkin seeds and a vegan crème fraîche, if you like!
If I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life, I would probably go with pasta. And who doesn’t like pasta, to be honest? It’s delicious! This fettuccine dish with a spicy tomato sauce, fresh basil, carrot bacon and nutritional yeast is not an exception.
This is what you will need to make 4 portions:
- Olive oil
- 800 g crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Dried basil
- 3 carrots
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
PASTA & GARNISH
- Fresh basil
- Nutritional yeast
- Set the oven to 160°C.
- Slice the carrots thinly using a mandoline slicer. Place them on an oven tray covered with baking paper.
- Mix the rapeseed oil with the spices, and brush the mixture onto both sides of each carrot slice. Place them to bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Bring the pasta water to boil. In the meantime, heat olive oil in a pot and press the garlic cloves.
- Fry the pressed garlic in the olive oil for a minute or two, and then add the crushed tomatoes. Add salt, pepper and dried basil according to your taste. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fettuccine to the boiling water. Cook according to instructions.
- Drain the water from the pasta. Mix the pasta with the tomato sauce. Serve with the carrot bacon, fresh basil, and nutritional yeast for that extra parmesan-like taste!
Vegan chocolate candy recipe coming up! To be completely honest, I have never been good at or enjoyed the art of baking. I like things you can bake without rising and using the oven, like these chocolate candies with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and coconut flakes. These are super easy to make, and so delicious!
By the way, did you know most dark chocolate bars are actually vegan? In other words it’s super easy to make these candies vegan without even thinking about it. If you don’t like sunflower seeds or cranberries, another great combination is pumpkin seeds and goji berries. Sooo good! You don’t really need any measuring cups for this, just use as much as you like of each ingredient. This is what I used: ⠀⠀⠀
Dark vegan chocolate
Melt the chocolate using a water bath and add your preferred amount of sunflower seeds, coconut flakes and cranberries. Save some for decoration as well. Place small batches of the mix onto baking paper and spread some seeds, flakes and berries on top. Place in the fridge or freezer to set. Done!
Since Taco Friday became the new national dish in Sweden (sort of) the assortment of taco related products has really exploded in grocery stores all around. Some of them are really good, and some are not that great to be honest. Something that is super easy to make yourself instead of buying ready made, is taco spice. You can mix it together using spices that most people already have in their pantry. Many of the ready made taco spices contains a lot of unnecessary ingredients like sugar and corn starch, which you really don’t need in a product like this.
Here’s a recipe for a sugar free taco spice that you can mix together yourself in no time, and that lasts well in a glass jar stored in a cool and dry place.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp chili powder⠀
- 2 tsp paprika powder⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1,5 tbsp salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tsp oregano⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you know of any other food related things that are easy to make on your own instead of buying them ready made from the store?
Let me know!