Carrot soup is one of my go-to dishes during the work week. It’s super easy to make and seriously delicious.
This recipe with ginger, lemon juice and chili is my favourite one. It’s sweet and fresh with a hint of chili which I love!
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 8 carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 7 dl vegetable stock
- 2 dl coconut milk
- 5 cm ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Peel the carrots and chop them into small chunks. Chop the garlic and onion into smaller pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the garlic, onion and chili flakes for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot chunks and the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it boil for about 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened.
- Add the coconut milk and the lemon juice. Grate the ginger and add it to the pot.
- Mix everything into a smooth soup using a stick blender. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Done! Serve with pumpkin seeds and a vegan crème fraîche, if you like!
Since Taco Friday became the new national dish in Sweden (sort of) the assortment of taco related products has really exploded in grocery stores all around. Some of them are really good, and some are not that great to be honest. Something that is super easy to make yourself instead of buying ready made, is taco spice. You can mix it together using spices that most people already have in their pantry. Many of the ready made taco spices contains a lot of unnecessary ingredients like sugar and corn starch, which you really don’t need in a product like this.
Here’s a recipe for a sugar free taco spice that you can mix together yourself in no time, and that lasts well in a glass jar stored in a cool and dry place.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp chili powder⠀
- 2 tsp paprika powder⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1,5 tbsp salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tsp oregano⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you know of any other food related things that are easy to make on your own instead of buying them ready made from the store?
Let me know!